Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Road trip to Amy and Zack's wedding

April 20th: My best friend and old roommate was getting married to the love of her life and we headed up to Salt Lake for the big day! They got married in the temple, but since bother of their families had people who couldn't go to the temple ceremony they also had a ring ceremony. She asked me if I would be one of her bridesmaids and I was so excited! I had to be up in Salt Lake on friday evening for the rehearsal dinner and since I was still breastfeeding Bailey we brought the kids along with us. Alena came with us and helped Amanda watch the kids while we were at the dinner (thanks girls!) Alena stayed with Amanda the whole weekend why went to stay with our friends Bryce and Blaire.


That morning we woke up and got ready to head to the temple for the wedding. Their wedding ceremony started at 9:20 and we were suppose to the be there 30 minutes early at 8:50. We were running a little late as it was, but on our way we got a flat tire on the freeway!! Skyler got out and changed the tire in record time! He is amazing and I was so glad he was with me! There was a marathon that morning going around the temple so every street was blocked off except on and that one street was a nightmare! I was upset because I thought I was never going to make it. We pulled up to the temple at 9:25 and I thought for sure I had missed it! I was praying that they were running late since I figured most people were in traffic, but I was being kinda negative about it and skyler kept telling me to stop being negative and just try! So I did. I walked downstairs and I heard someone call my name and it was my other old roommate Jackie. I had made it! They hadn't stated yet and right as I got to them they called for their party! I was so relieved and grateful that I didn't miss it!  It was a beautiful ceremony and Amy and Zack were so funny!


Don't they look amazing!?!!


That night I went and helped them set up for this gorgeous reception!


It was a fun day and I was so glad I was able to be apart of it. I only got one picture with her on my camera and it is horrible, but it works i guess :)

April 22nd: We stayed the night with Bryce and Blaire again and hung out with them for a few hours before we headed home. They have a son a month younger than Bailey and he is double her size! Its so funny! They played so cute together!


We picked up Alena on the way home and it ended up being a nice peaceful ride :)


No comments: