Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chevron Skirt

I found the cutest diy outfit on Pinterest and I knew I wanted to make one like it for my little girl. The tutorial on icandyhandmade was awesome and gave step by step directions on  how to make this adorable dress!


You can find the tutorial for it  here. I am a beginning sewer and this was a great project for me to start on because it wasn't very hard! In fact I made it an afternoon while my kids were taking their nap! I wanted to make my daughter an outfit for the forth of July and I have been wanting to make an outfit using chevron print. I went out and looked for some navy blue chevron fabric and lucky for me I found some at Desert Book after looking at a few different stores. I fell in love with it and new it would be perfect!

I followed the directions on icandyhandmade, but I decided not to make a shirt. I used a shirt she already had and I decided not to attach it to the skirt so it could be interchangeable. This helped make the sewing project a lot easier and faster! I also didn't attach the ribbon so that could be interchangeable as well. I can pair it with a different color of ribbon or shirt every time she wears it to give it a different look. I love how it turned out and it has held up through several washes! 

Starting to make it...


After sewing the skirt


Tying the ribbon on to see what the final look will be like.


The forth of july


Playing in her room


No comments: