Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 2, 2009

Baby Blessing

This weekend we made the long trek up to Logan, UT to see my sister's baby (Kylee Noelle Bricker) blessed. We decided to drive up on friday afternoon and stay the night in bountiful with Skyler's Grandparents. We wanted to break up the driving time because that is a far drive for a 10 month old and my 23 year old husband :) On the way up we stopped in American Fork to eat dinner and we were able to go with on of Skylers mission companion and his wife and daughter. His daughter was only a couple months older than Nate so it was fun to see them play and interact! We went to Chilis and the wait was forever long for both a table and food so by the time we left Nate was ready for the hour drive to bountiful. It was fun seeing Skyler's grandparents! His grandma is so cute...she had made cinammon rolls for us and they were hot and ready right we got there because she knows they are Skylers favorite and she gave us two extra for the road! They were so cute with Nate and they were really patient with him even though he tried to destory everything he could reach! Saturday we drove up to Logan and spent the day with my family. We went to lunch and then to an arcade place. It was fun being with my whole family! We are only all together on holidays now since we are all pretty much grown up and living our own lives so I look forward to the holidays so much! I love it when we get together and treasure every moment! Sunday we went to the blessing which was beautiful. Afterwards my sister had a luncheon which was really yummy! We left after that and made the long trek back home! Nate did awesome in the car! I was so proud and thankful! He didnt cry at all the whole way home which was about an 8 hour drive and he was awake from beaver to st. george but he was content just playing and dancing to the songs on the radio.

5 comments:

Shanan Wasden said...

That sounds like a really fun weekend! i want to go up north or just anywhere for a getaway weekend so bad, so i'm way jealous! haha! We were gonna go stay with braden and jackie, but it didn't work out... We blessed Carson this weekend and it was way fun to be with all the family but sooo crazy!! and we got to see them then so it worked out!

The Johnson Family said...

I'm sad I didn't get to see you guys, but I understand it was a full weekend for you! My cousins family has a house in St. G and we are thinking of taking a little trip down with just us and our boys, then we could have a chance to get together! I miss you tons tons tons!!

cnelson said...

love the pics Alisa. we definitely need to picture share. can't wait until Nate's bday when we all will be together again!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Nate did well, that makes it easier for Skyler too! Wow he is such a complainer sometimes about travelling. I'm glad you got to see your family. It looked like a lot of fun, and even better is coming back to your house standing tall! I can't wait to go walk through it! Tell me when you come over and you can show us through it k?

Love Sweet Love said...

We really appreciate you guys coming all the way up here, and I'm SO glad Nate was good for you on the way home!!! I already him his cute little smile and "shy boy" face!

I'm thinking that I'll bring the kids down for like a week in April for Nate's bday, since Bobby will have finals then it will be good for him to have that week to himself. Then we can go out to lunch and movies and have much more girl time, it'd be fun if amanda could come too!!