Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Son!!

Nate turned 1 today! I cant believe this day is here! It is definitely a bitter sweet moment! He has brought such a joy to my life and to our home! I cant imagine life with out his sweet spirit and fun personality. There is not a day that goes by that he does not make me smile or laugh. I love just sitting back and watching him because he does some of the funniest and most adorable things! He goes a 100 miles a minute, but I wouldnt want it any other way! I love that he loves to explore and figure out new things! He keeps me on my toes and by the end of the day I am always ready to put him down and take a breather! He still loves to eat and will eat pretty much anything you put in front of him. He has learned where grandma keeps her treats thanks to his cousin :) The other day he went into the pantry and got a ding dong and brought it to grandma to have her open it...notice how he didnt bring it to me to open it even though I was sitting right next to her :) He gabbers like crazy, but doesnt say to many words. He can say dada and mama and when he goes to my parents house every time he sees their dog he say "dahg" (I dont know how you would spell it :) but I dont know if he is really trying to say dog or not. He says oooh all the time! Whenever a phone rings or something unexpected or something cool happens he always says oooh. Its so cute! He loves to play outside and jump on the trampoline. He also loves to dig and play in the dirt which is good because when we move into our new house the backyard will be dirt for awile until we can afford to landscape it. He is such a good helper and loves to help me with the laundry and he will help me pick up toys and he loves to throw his diaper in the trash! He loves to throw balls or pretty much anything he is holding...which can be dangerous at times! He loves to dance! Anytime music comes on he will start to get his groove on. Believe it or not he actually enjoys me reading his books to him and when I am worn out from chasing him around I grab one of his books so I can sit down with him for a minute! His favorites are Halloween Fun (which we read all the time even though its not halloween), an ABC animal book, and a book that has pictures of animals that he can touch and feel.

The bad thing is nate woke up really sick this morning so he was sick for his birthday all day! We were thinking about having a BBQ party tonight with family and friends to celebrate his birthday, but we decided against that because he was absolutely miserable and the last thing he wanted to do was be around a bunch of people. He was running a temperature and his eyes were all watery and he was coughing...poor guy! He didnt even open any presents today or anything...so sad! I also didnt even get to take any pictures of him at all! We did manage to video tape singing happy birthday to him this morning when he first woke up, but you can tell he didnt feel to well because any other day he would have been smiling and clapping! I actually barely saw him today. We started to lay the wood floor in our house so my mom watched him for me from 9:30 to 6!! Thanks so much mom that was such a huge help! She said nate was happy the majority of the time he was there so I am glad it was not a completely horrible day for him! I am not sure when we will celebrate his birthday because this weekend is crazy, but hopefully we can find sometime saturday afternoon. Until then...happy birthday nate! We love you and are so blessed to have you as our son!

Birthday Video

3 comments:

cnelson said...

He is such a joy! He makes me laugh and smile every time I am with him, too!! I have to tell ya all, no offense or anything, but I think I would be burying my head and crying if you were all singing to me, too. lol!!

Shanan Wasden said...

that is such a cute video! Nates such a little sweety! Happy 1st Birthday Nate!!

Matt and Haley said...

Happy 1st Birthday!