Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 7, 2011

Bailey's Baby Nursery

I finally finished! She is now able to enjoy her nursery! All the hard work paid off and I am so happy with the way it turned out!! It is pretty much exactly what I envisioned!

So if you missed the post I did to the start of the room click here and check it out! It started as a completely blank normal off white bedroom. With the help of my AMAZING mother-in-law, we painted the top and bottom half of the room and then installed all the moldings! I then wallpapered the inside of the picture frame molding on the bottom half of the room with a black and white damask wallpaper. And that's where we left off on the last post :)

Once the walls were all painted, molded, and wallpapered I moved all the furniture into the room. Once again my AMAZING mother-in-law helped me out! She painted all the furniture black for me. I don't have before pictures of the furniture :( But I promise they look a hundred times better. The dresser used to be white, the crib and rocking chair were brown. She recovered the rocking chair from a brown suede upholstery to the cute pink!

My WONDERFUL mother had the crib bedding custom made for me as my gift. I went and picked out the pattern and fabric I wanted. I thank Laurie Steiner for doing such a great job on it! I love it!


I then set out on a hunt to find vintage looking frames to make a gallery wall. The big oval frame with the letter in it is from Ikea (best store ever!) My sweet husband surprised me with it one day because I told him I really wanted it! I think it makes the perfect statement piece! The rest of the frames and mirrors I found at garage sales and Thrift stores (I didn't pay more than $3 for any of the frames, except the one from Ikea). It took a few weeks to find them all, but after I got a pretty good collection I spray painted them all black. I went into her room laid them out on the floor and came up with an arrangement I liked. I then traced all the frames out on wrapping paper and parchment paper and hung them all up on the wall in the same arrangement I had laying on the floor. Once the papers looked how I wanted it to, I marked on them where the nail hole should go and started hanging them all up!


I had a print credit from vinylizeit.com and they were so good to work with me on what I wanted! I told them what it was I wanted and they sent me a few proofs of different fonts and sizes and this is the design we came up with!


I really wanted a chandelier for Bailey's room, but they are so expensive! Seeing how everything in her room is DIY. Why shouldn't the chandelier be? I can't afford a new one so I started looking for one I could up-cycle. I found one on craigslist from $20! I got some black spray paint and my awesome sister-in-law, Alyssa, found the crystals at Tai Pan (6 for $8). So my chandelier ended up being roughly $30 compared to the $200 ones at the store! I think it's perfect!


I wanted a nightstand in her room that I would be able to put next to the crib. I had some old barstools that used to be in our kitchen that I decided I could make into a cute nightstand. My wonderful mother had some black and white polka dot fabric she let me have and I covered the barstool with the fabric...so easy! Just used fabric, spray adhesive and exacto knife! Cost= free!


I needed a cute lamp to go on the nightstand I made. My mother-in-law had an old lamp she let me have and I recovered the lamp shade in the same polka-dot fabric I had left over from the night stand. I made a ribbon flower out of ribbon and string I already had! So cost of this cute lamp was also free!



My sister-in-law, Amy, made this cute banner for my baby shower and I loved it so much I had to use it in her room!


I made these tissue paper pom-pom balls to go above the nightstand.


So that's all the components that went into her room! Thanks to all my wonderful family for their help!! I was able to create my vision of this chic space and the best part is, is it was for very little amount of $$!!

The finished product...one chic baby nursery for my sweet baby girl Bailey!

Walking into the room


Right Corner


Crib

Middle Corner

Right Side


Left Side

Gallery Wall

Panoramic View

Linking up to these great parties!
Design Dazzle, French Country Cottage, a' la mode, tatertots & jello, A Glimpse Inside
A Crafty Soiree Somewhat SimpleUndertheTableandDreaming

19 comments:

cnelson said...

It looks soooooo AMAZING! LOVE it in EVERY way!!!!

Love Sweet Love said...

Oh my gosh can I have that bedroom?!?! I am in LOOOOVE with this room! The bar stool into a nightstand was genius!! And those pom pom balls, and the gallery wall, and that bedding...shut. up. So cute!

Amy Pratt said...

Oh My GOSH! I love it SOOO MUCH! You are definitely meant to be the mother of a daughter. That room is precious. I can't believe i didn't check it out the other day when I was there. I guess I was a little distracted. haha way to go! I can't say enough how much I love the way it turned out.

Jenn said...

her room is darling. We are currently working on my daughter's room and we're also doing black/white/pink - thanks for the view!

housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com

The Johnson Family said...

Alisa its beautiful!! I'm so impressed and inspired by you DIYness girl! I hope I get a chance to see it in person soon!

Cox Family said...

Ok that is amazing when we get back to St. George i am recruiting you to help me with my girls rooms it looks like one from a magazine :) Love Love Love it!

Kaitlin Norton said...

Okay SOOO dang cute!! I absolutely LOVE it. You are quite the little craft corner :)

Lyndsey Swindlehurst said...

I love it! I want a chandelier too, but if I can't find one on Craigslist list or something it won't be happening. Seriously you guys did an amazing job! I hope our nursery turns out cute.

Madsen Updates said...

good job!! It looks so cute! I love the collage wall!!

ME said...

OMG, it is so darling. You are so lucky to have so many talented people in your life. I love it.

Shanan Wasden said...

Oh My Goodness!!! That is the cutest room!! seriously if i have a girl i need to hire you and your skills to come help me make a cute nursery! You did awesome! great job!!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Such a darling room for your sweet girl!! Love black and pink together- and the wall of frames is gorgeous! Sharing this at the party tonight- thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Pitter and Glink said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

I just saw your post on Inspiration Friday. What a stunning nursery!! She is one lucky baby!! You did an amazing job! Just gorgeous!

At The Picket Fence said...

What an absolutely fabulous nursery! So darling and chic and I just love that gallery wall with the black frames. Everything looks gorgeous and we are so glad you shared it with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

Matt and Haley said...

Such wonderful talent and great vision! Sadly, decorating is not my forte. Maybe in my next (bigger and better) house I'll be more motivated to make my rooms cuter and coordinated. :o)

Unknown said...

This turned out beautiful!! I saw it featured on under the table & dreaming. Absolutely love it!!
Sally
loveofhomes.blogspot.com

Tara @ Baby Lifestyles said...

You really made Bailey a beautiful room. We'd like to feature it at Baby Lifestyles. Please email me if you're interested to discuss further at editor at BabyLifestyles dot com. Great job!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I know it has been quite a while since you worked on this, but thought I'd ask:

Do you recall where you bought the letter 'E' from and its dimensions...? I'm doing something similar for my baby girl's nursery, but in white.

Thanks :)